If we regard agriculture as the backbone of our economy, then the seed industry is the backbone of agriculture. Moreover, good quality seed is the basic essential input for sustainable agriculture. The seed industry has played a significant role to build India as an agrarian country. On the other hand, high-quality seeds play a vital role in farming and farmer’s life. India is the fifth largest seed market in the world with Rs 2500 crores market share and 150 organized seed companies. Hence, to provide high-quality standard along with effective seed production is the major challenge for Indian seed industries. On the other hand, high-quality seeds are developed, produced and delivered to the farmers by the strong professional team by utilizing modern Biotech tools and best agricultural research and farm practices with the aim of providing better farm benefits.
The nationwide lockdown has immensely influenced the seed industry as it not only poses great challenges to the industry but also has paved the way for opportunities. To analyze these issues, challenges and opportunities of vegetable seed industries, Krishi Jagran brings you Dr. Arvind Kapur, Agri Scientist and MD of Acsen HyVeg Pvt Ltd, who will highlight the issues of the vegetable seed industry across India.
Krishi Jagran Facebook Live Series brings you an opportunity to connect with the notable personalities from the field of agriculture to let you explore the world of agriculture and seed industry amid lockdown in the comfort of your homes. In this series, Dr. Arvind Kapoor, MD of is Acsen HyVeg Pvt Ltd, going to join us during a live session where he will be talking about the ‘Issues and Prospects of the Vegetable Seed Industry- Present and Future.’
About Dr. Arvind Kapur
- Received Certificate of Merit for topping the list of successful candidates consecutively in B,Sc.(Hons), M.Sc.(Hons) and Ph.D.
- Received BHARTIYA UDYOG RATAN AWARD in 2006 and 2015 for individual Achievements and National development from Indian Economic Development and Research Association (IEDRA)
- D in Plant Biochemistry from Punjab Agricultural University Ludhiana in 1980 and was Associate Professor in Plant Breeding for 8 years
- Expanded the operations in India and Asia and in 10 years’ time, Nunhems became the leader in the vegetable seed sector
- Chairman of the Intellectual Property Rights Committee of APSA for Asia and Pacific
- Board Member of Indo-Swiss program funded by Govt. of India and Switzerland
- Member of the IPR Committee of International Seed Federation (ISF) based in Zurich Switzerland
Acsen HyVeg Pvt Ltd
Acsen HyVeg (P) Ltd started as a Vegetable seed establishment since 2009, expanded into Row crops (Maize, Pearl Millet, Mustard and Paddy). High-quality seeds are developed, produced and delivered to the farmers by the strong professional team by utilizing modern Biotech tools and best agricultural research and farm practices with the aim of providing better farm benefits. The Acsen group of companies include diverse involvements in fields such as textiles as Acsen Tex, formerly Rasi Tex and renewable energy generation as Rasi g-Energy.
SOURCE: Krishi Jagran