Big Relief for PMUY Beneficiaries: Here comes good news for the poor under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY). Prime Minister Narendra Modi Government has distributed 6.8 crore free LPG cylinders under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKP) amid covid-19 lockdown. This has been done to help the poor falling under the PM Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) beneficiary list. The information was told by Ministry of Petroleum.
6.8 Crore Free LPG Cylinders Distributed to PMUY Beneficiaries
The Narendra Modi government has declared to distribute free LPG cylinder to the PMUY beneficiaries under the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana (PMGKP) scheme during lockdown.
As per the information by the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, “During April, 2020, Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) have delivered 453.02 lakh cylinders to Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) beneficiaries under PMGKP. As on 20 May 2020, OMCs have delivered total 679.92 (lakh) cylinders to PMUY beneficiaries under the package. The beneficiaries were provided funds in advance through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) in their accounts to avoid any difficulty in availing this facility.”
The ministry further added, “The Corona Warriors- personnel working in the supply chain of LPG cylinder delivery are not only been ensuring timely supply of cylinders, but also creating awareness amongst the beneficiaries about the hygiene & various health guidelines.”
Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) Beneficiaries: Documents Required by Applicant
- BPL Ration Card
- BPL certificate authorized by the Head of Panchayat / Municipality
- A photo ID (Aadhar card or voter ID card)
- A current passport size photo
- Important details such as name, contact information, Jan Dhan / bank account number, Aadhar card number, etc.
Who can apply for Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) Scheme?
- The applicant should be a woman above the age of 18 years
- The applicant should be a rural resident holding a BPL card
- The woman applicant must have a savings bank account in any nationalized bank across the country.
- There should not be an LPG connection in the applicant’s family before applying to this scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package or PMGKP
The Government of India, as part of the economic response to COVID-19, had launched a pro-poor scheme “Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package” (PMGKP). Under this scheme, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas is giving free of cost LPG cylinders to more than 8 crore PMUY beneficiaries for 3 months with effect from 1st April 2020.