The Central Government has decided to connect 415 new mandis across the country with the electronic National Agricultural Market (e-NAM). With this addition, the total number of mandis on the e-NAM portal will reach the mark of 1000 mandis. There are around 2,700 mandis that sell agricultural produce and 4,000 sub-markets across the country.
At present, 1.68 crore farmers, traders, and FPOs are registered in e-NAM and can sell their goods in 585 e-mandis sitting at home. With this digital move, farmers will be able to sell their produce even in the hour of crisis
How Does E-NAM Benefit Farmers
National Agriculture Market or e-NAM is an online platform for trading agricultural commodities across India. From facilitating a market for farmers, traders and buyers to giving farmers better prices and facilities for swift marketing of their produce, e-NAM lets every stakeholder trade in commodities online. The main objective is to provide a market at a national level for agricultural produces. As per statistics, about 22 crore farmers are associated with e-NAM and are getting help in selling their produce during the coronavirus lockdown.
While the trade between farmers and end-consumers happens online, there is no harm to the interest of the local agricultural produce market as farmers do not have to depend on middlemen for trading.
Currently, 1,66,06,718 farmers, 942 FPOs, 70,910 commission agents and 1,28,015 traders from 18 states are associated with the online market. With the addition of these 415 mandis, the number will go higher. So, more and more farmers will be able to take the benefits of online trading.
How to Connect with e-NAM
- Go to its website enam.gov.in. Go to the search bar and search ‘Registration’. After then, select the ‘Farmer’ option.
- Sign up for your email ID. After this, you will get the login ID and password through email.
- After this, you will be sent a temporary e-mail ID and password. Then, log in using the email id and password and you can access your dashboard by registering your documents through KYC.
- As soon as APMC approves your KYC, you will be able to start your business.
- You can get more information related to this at https://enam.gov.in/web/resources/registration-guideline
SOURCE: Krishi Jagran