Ration Card: If you have ration card then not only you are ensured with the necessary food entitlement from the Public Distribution department, but your citizenship with valid proof is also ensured. Ration card is one of the most important documents to prove one’s citizenship after Aadhaar Card & Voter ID.
It is well known that the proof of the ration card ID is issued & validated by the state government. One can also apply online for the ration card. But before applying, one should be aware about the eligibility.
Ration Card Online: Eligibility
- A person must be a legal Indian citizen only then he or she can apply for the Ration Card.
- As per the law, children under the age of 18 (minors) are included in the ration card of their parents.
- A person can also apply for a separate Ration Card once they are above 18 years.
- There are 2 types of ration cards, BPL and not BPL. One should ensure the type of ration card he or she is eligible for before applying for ration card online.
How to apply online for ration card?
Firstly, one needs to find out the state website for online application of ration card. This can be done with the help of google. Different states have different websites. After logging in at your concerned state website, one must fill details. Now, go to the Public Distribution System (PDS) and upload the required documents in PDF format. Then, click on the apply button.
Method to apply online for ration card:
- Find the concerned state government website
- Tap on the website
- Scroll and click at Public Distribution System
- Now, upload required documents in PDF format
- Fill the form with all your details.
- Click at submit button.
- Download it and take a print out of your e-coupon.
Please Note: Keep this e-coupon safely. It will be used to check status of your ration card application.