PM Narendra Modi’s government has given a big relief to industries, manufacturers & service providers in his address to the nation on April 14. Though, he announced the extension of lockdown period till May 3, but at the same time gave certain relaxations as well. The production units which require continuous process & the manufacturing units of essential goods will be permitted to work from April 20.
PM Modi said that there were will some relaxation amid lockdown for agricultural and industrial sectors from April 20, which are facing huge losses due to the imposed restrictions (only in non-containment/ non-hotspot zones).
After the announcement, the ministry of home affairs issued guidelines for the relaxations & restrictions amid the lockdown 2.0. The government has released a consolidated list of services which will resume its services from April 20. However, Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad had made it clear that these relaxations will not be implemented in the containment zones or hotspot zones.
Which services will be open from April 20?
- All agricultural & horticultural activities
- Operations of the fishing (marine/inland) aquaculture industry
- Animal husbandry activities
- All health services (including AYUSH)
- Plantation activities like tea, coffee & rubber plantations will be functional with maximum of 50% workers
- Financial sector will be functional
- Social sector will be allowed to operate
- Public utilities will be working
- Online teaching/distance learning to be encouraged
- Supply of essential goods will take place.
- Movement of loading and unloading of goods/cargo (inter and intra) state is allowed
- MNREGA works are allowed with strict implementation of social distancing & face mask
- Industries or Industrial establishments (both government and private)
- Private vehicles for emergency services, like medical and veterinary care and for procuring essential commodities and all personnel travelling to place of work in exempted categories according to the instructions of State or UT local authority are allowed
- Commercial and Private establishments will be allowed to operate
- Offices of the government of India & offices of the state and UT governments will remain working.
- Construction activities will be allowed
What services will remain suspended amid covid-19 lockdown?
- Passenger trains, metro, buses, taxis
- Domestic & international air travel will be suspended
- Interstate transport except for security and medical purposes
- Educational, training and coaching institutions
- Industrial and commercial activities will not be allowed to operate
- Hospitality services will not be working
- All social, political, sports, complexes, religious places & other gatherings to be suspended
- Cinema halls, gyms, malls, bards, pools, entertainment parks, assembly halls, etc will be closed
SOURCE: Krishi Jagran