Tehe Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has on the 29th of March notified the launch of a form known as e-form AGILE (Application for Registration of the Goods and Services Tax Identification Number (GSTIN), Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) registration plus Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) registration). As is suggestive, the form covers three important registration required for business–namely GSTIN, ESIC, and EPFO. By filing eForm AGILE along with SPICE incorporation form at the time of registration, the company would auto-enroll for GST, ESIC, and EPFO in one go.
The requirement for GST Registration will kick-in from 31st March 2019.
The requirement for ESIC Registration will kick-in from 8th April 2019.
The requirement for EPFO Registration will kick-in from 15th April 2019.MCA-AGILE-eForm
Particulars to be Provided
The form begins by enquiring the scope of application of services preferred by the applicant. The other particulars to be mentioned in the form include:
- The details of the jurisdiction.
- The reason for availing registration.
- The details of lease and possession of premises.
- The option for choosing for or against the composition levy.
- Nature of business performed on the premises.
- Details of goods and services provided.
- Details of the directors and primary owners/office bearers.
- Details of the employers.
Attachments to be Included
The form must include any of the following documents:
- Letter of authorization.
- Copy of Resolution passed by the Board of Directors/Managing Committee along with the Acceptance Letter.
GSTIN, abbreviated as the GST Identification number, is a legal business identity of an assessee. It draws its similarity with the TIN number issued in the pre-GST era and will be assigned to all businesses registered under the single tax system. GST registration could be performed via the GST Portal or the GST Seva Kendra facilitated by the Government of India.
The number serves its purpose as a mark of GST registration in all invoices addressed to customers. Moreover, it is required for filing GST returns and handling other essentials prescribed by the tax system.
Employees State Insurance, abbreviated as ESI, is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme meant for Indian workers. It is managed by the Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) in accordance with the regulations of the ESI Act 1948. ESIC is an autonomous corporation statutorily created under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India.
Factories or establishments with 10 or more employees drawing wages of up to Rs. 21,000 per month are required to register under the initiative. Other than direct employees, the scheme extends to:
- Employees under the payroll of the company on paid or unpaid leave.
- A substitute or badly worker employed on wages.
- Directors who are on the payroll of the company
- Employees earning more than Rs. 21,00 per month but not in receipt of other benefits.
- People employed by or through a contractor.
Some of the benefits rendered by the scheme include:
- Sickness benefits at a rate of 70% in the form of salary.
- Medical benefits to employees and family members.
- Maternity benefits to pregnant women.
- Dependent compensation to the dependents of an employee on instances of death or disability.
- Funeral expenses.
- Medical expenses for old age.
Section 1(5) of the ESI Act states that the following entities would be covered under the Act:
- Restaurants or Hotels engaged in sales
- Road Motor Transport Establishments
- Newspaper establishments not covered under the Factories Act.
- Private Educational Institutions
The scheme requires the employer to contribute a sum of 4% of the total monthly salary payable towards the employer while contributing 1% of his. Employees who are earning less than INR 100 per day need not contribute to the scheme.
Employees Provident Fund is a scheme regulated by the Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) that caters to the retirement needs of an employee. EPF registration must be performed by establishments engaged in any industry with twenty or more persons and other establishments notified by the Central Government on this behalf.