With an aim to help small and marginal farmers in the country, the government had launched PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana or PM-Kisan. The scheme has been running with 100% funding from the Centre, though the entire responsibility of identification of beneficiary farmers rests with the State as well as UT Governments.
Under PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme, financial assistance of Rs. 6000 is directly transferred into the bank account of beneficiaries. While announcing the relief package few days back, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman told that 8.19 crore beneficiaries have already received the first installment of Rs 2,000.
Sitharaman said that “One time of rupees two thousand has reached 8.19 crore farmers and a total amount of Rs 16,394 crore. NSAP beneficiaries received Rs 1,405 crore in the 1st installment and Rs 1,402 crore in 2nd installment – the target of Rs 3,000 crore is nearly achieved”.
Farmers who wish to register for PM-Kisan Yojana can approach the local patwari or revenue officer or Nodal Officer of PM-Kisan yojana nominated by the respective state government. There is also an option to do self-registration online. Know the complete the process here;
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme Registration Process
- Go to the official government website of PM Kisan scheme
- Look for ‘Farmers Corner’ option on the Home Page
- Then click on ‘New Farmers Registration’ option
- A new window will appear on the screen
- Now fill up the form with details like Aadhaar card number etc
- If you are already registered then your details will appear on the screen
If not then you will be given an option to register on the PM Kisan website. You will have to click ‘Yes’.
- A new page will open where you will have to fill the application form
- The form will ask for details such as your address, land records etc
- Enter the details & click save
- Your registration number & reference number will be displayed on the screen