Till 3rd May 2020, more than 9 crore farmers have benefited from Central government’s ambitious Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme (PM-Kisan) that provides financial help of Rs. 6000 per year. According to details, as many as 5 crore farmers are still deprived of this scheme. As the scheme is open, farmers who haven’t applied for it can do so without any further delay.
There are two ways in which farmers can register for PM-Kisan scheme – through PM-Kisan portal, pmkisan.gov.in or by visiting nearest Common Service Centre (CSC).
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Online Registration 2020
Step by step method to apply for PM Kisan Yojana:
- First of all, you have to go to the official website pmkisan.gov.in. A page will open in which you will see an option ‘FARMER CORNERS’.
- Then look for ‘NEW FARMER REGISTRATION and Click it
- A new window will open wherein you have to enter few details like Aadhaar card and Capcha.
- Then you will have to tap on click to continue.
- Fill in all the required details (name, mobile number, bank and land details etc)
- Finally save and submit it the form
- A registration number and reference number will be generated. Keep this number safely with you for future references.
Lockdown and PM Kisan Scheme
During the nationwide lockdown due to Covid-19 pandemic, Modi government had disbursed around Rs. 18000 crores to the farmers. The aim was to help the farmers deal with the current crisis. Moreover the PM Kisan installment was released prior to the scheduled date for the benefit of farmers.
SOURCE: Krishi Jagran