Amid the outbreak of Coronavirus, the government has decided to utilize the funds arranged under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana to help the marginalized people survive through this tough time. The government’s ambitious scheme will now be utilized to give away package for treatment of coronavirus. Under this project, all the Ayushman Bharat beneficiaries will be included.
If you are having some specific symptoms that resembles from that of pneumonia, fever, respiratory failure etc, the government will provide free treatment under the PMJAY scheme. The scheme largely focuses on poor, deprived rural families and identified occupational category of urban workers’ families. According to the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011 data, this scheme will cover around 50 crore people in the country.
Here is a brief summary of how the beneficiaries can benefit from the scheme in the times of coronavirus spread.
- The scheme will be providing a free health cover of Rs 5 lakh per family, per year, for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
- The households that will benefit from the scheme are based on the deprivation and occupational criteria of Socio-Economic Caste Census 2011 for rural and urban areas.
- The beneficiaries will receive an electronic card, which could be used to make cashless payments and services at the listed hospitals, both public and private, located anywhere in the country.
- The scheme will cover the expenses incurred during the three days of prehospitalization and 15 days of post-hospitalization. Not only this, but the scheme will cover around 1,400 procedures with all related costs like OT expenses.
- Under the scheme, the treatment for COVID-19 will be availed free of cost by eligible beneficiaries.